Saturday 27 August 2011

Negeri Sembilan to rest players for friendly against Selangor

Negri Sembilan coach Azraai Khor Abdullah has decided to rest his key players for their final friendly against Selangor at the Paroi Stadium today (10pm).

This comes in the wake of striker Mohd Zaquan Adha Abdul Razak’s latest knee injury in the 2-0 victory over Johor in a friendly on Wednes­day.

Zaquan, who only returned to the team earlier this month after undergoing two anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) surgeries on his left knee, escaped with a minor meniscus tear this time.

“I’m excited to have my players back and I don’t want to lose any player to injuries unnecessarily,” said Azraai.

“I could not sleep well after Zaquan’s injury. So, when he called me to inform me that it was just a meniscus tear, I was hugely re­­lieved.

“He just needs rest to let the injury heal and he should be back in action after the Hari Raya Aidilfitri break.”

Defender Munir Amran, who is on loan from Pahang, will also give tonight’s match against Selangor a miss due to a groin injury.

However, stalwart Mohd Norhafiz Zamani Misbah will be back to add more steel to Negri’s backline.

Negri, who have Terengganu, Sime Darby FC and PKNS in Group B, will kick off their Malaysia Cup campaign against Sime Darby on Sept 6 at the Paroi Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment